Altar Server Ministry
Being an Altar Server, means serving God and God's people at Mass. Altar Servers assist the priest during Mass and other services.
The requirements for being an Altar Server:
- Must have received First Communion and Confirmation and be in 4th Grade or be in the summer prior to entering 4th Grade.
- The altar server’s family must be a registered member of the Parish.
- Have permission of the parents and complete the “Youth Volunteer Acknowledgement: form signed by parents and on file in Parish
- Third Graders who have received First Communion and Confirmation may attend New Altar Server Training in the summer prior to entering 4th Grade.
- All new Altar Servers will shadow experienced Altar Servers at least three times. All third graders will stay in the shadow program until they start school in August and become 4th Graders.
Once a new Altar Server completes the shadow program (requires good-to-go approval from parents and the Pastor), the new Altar Server will start being scheduled to serve in one of the primary Altar Server positions.
Adults 18 years or older may also be altar servers. Adults are required to the Diocesan Safe Environment training program and complete required renewals, in addition to attending Parish New Altar Server Training.
For more information, contact the parish office at 602-996-5120.