Youth RE Classes meet on Sunday Nights in Classroom 5.
Young Disciples (EDGE Group) meet on Tuesday evenings from 7:00 to 8:30 pm.
Young Disciples (Life Teen Group) meet on Thursday evenings from 7:00 to 9:00 pm.
St. Joseph Youth Group welcomes Jr. High and High School teens to participate in our Edge and LifeTeen Programs which strive to help young people build a personal relationship with Jesus Christ through understanding the teachings of the Catholic Church and through the experience of growing in a Christian community. God always calls us to grow closer to Him, so come join us as we walk together in our faith with the guidance of the Church, the prayers of the Saints, and the protection of our Blessed Mother.
Youth Ministry Schedule
Life Nights: High School grades 9-12
Meeting: Young Disciples (Life Teen Group) meet on Thursday evenings from 7:00 to 9:00 pm.
Bible Study: open for all High school, Jr. High, and young adults
Meeting: Youth RE Classes meet on Sunday Nights in Classroom 5.
Edge Night: Jr. High
Meeting: Young Disciples (EDGE Group) meet on Tuesday evenings from 7:00 to 8:30 pm.
What is Edge?
Edge is a Catholic middle school youth ministry program that provides a safe fun place for youth to grow in Catholic community, to get answers to their questions about faith, and, most importantly, to experience Jesus in a profound and personal way.
What is Life Teen?
Life Teen consists of nights we call Life Nights where the youth come together to share their faith and get to know their peers.
What does Life Teen look like?
- Sunday Life Night: Meetings consist of Fellowship, Dinner, Church Teaching, Small group discussion
- Prayer: Rosary, Eucharistic Adoration, Retreats
- Praise and Worship
- Sports: Basketball, Frisbee, Volleyball
- Volunteer Opportunities
- PLUS MUCH MORE: Movie Nights, hiking, laser tag trips, lock-ins, bowling nights, water park trips, fundraising events, and much more – always something new coming!
Teen Sacramental Preparation Program Requirements
STEP 1: REGISTER WITH ST. JOSEPH
- If your family is already registered with the parish GOOD WORK! You’re halfway there.
- If your family is not registered please fill out the online registration form or visit our parish office to complete a family registration.
STEP 2: ATTEND SUNDAY (OR SATURDAY VIGIL MASS)
- As Catholics we are obligated to attend Sunday Mass weekly. If your child is preparing to receive Sacraments this has to be a priority.
STEP 3: ATTEND A WEEKLY YOUTH PROGRAM
- Life Teen TBA
- Edge TBA
- Bible Study TBA
STEP 4: ATTEND THE FIVE SCHEDULED SACRAMENT CLASSES
- Please bring a pen and notebook to take notes.
STEP 5: ATTEND LIFE TEEN or EDGE RETREAT (SPRING OR FALL)
- A weekend retreat will provide an opportunity to have a new experience of the fullness and depth of our Catholic Faith.
- This will be an additional payment. Please turn in to youth minister.
STEP 6: COMPLETE 20 SERVICE HOURS
- 10 Hours in parish service
- 10 Hours out of parish service
STEP 7: PICK A SPONSOR
- Must be 16 and older
- Must be a Roman Catholic in good standing
- Someone who has received all of their sacraments and attends Sunday mass
STEP 8: CELEBRATE THE SACRAMENTS!
- Sacrament dates to be announced later in the year.